International Conference on Terrorism and Violent Extremism – CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Theme: Changing Dynamics of Terrorism and Violent Extremism in Africa: Towards Effective Prevention and Counter Terrorism Strategies
HORN International Institute for Strategic Studies (hereafter, the HORN Institute) invites researchers and practitioners to submit abstracts for presentation at the international conference on terrorism and violent extremism on the theme, Changing Dynamics of Terrorism and Violent Extremism in Africa: Towards Effective Prevention and Counter Terrorism Strategies that will be held in Nairobi (Kenya), 24 -26 April 2018.
First Call for abstracts opens: 9 January 2018
Deadline for submission of abstracts: 5 February 2018
Criteria for submission of abstracts.
The abstracts should cover one of the following topics:
- Preventing and countering violent extremism
- Radicalization and de-radicalization
- Globalization of terrorism
- Political and religious extremism
- Conflict dynamics in the Gulf & wider Middle East, & impact of the same on Africa
- State responses to terrorism
- Media and terrorism
- Terrorism financing
- Maritime security
- Protecting critical infrastructure
- Gender and terrorism
- Terrorism, trauma, and counselling
- Terrorism and human rights
- Cyber security
- Rehabilitation and re-integration of ex-combatants and returnees
- Global trends in terrorism and violent extremism
- Select case studies: Somalia, Nigeria, Mali, Yemen, Syria, and any other.