Here’s some of what you can find on this blog:
1) Individual posts of career and academic opportunities: jobs, grants, awards, networking & knowledge events, trainings, academic programmes, etc. (Many opportunities are annual or otherwise recurring. It can be strategic to look at old posts.)
2) A somewhat comprehensive list of Job Boards & Resources, including Kama Kazi, DumaWorks, Brighter Monday, Career Point, Generation Kenya, Shortlist, iHub, social enterprise, UN jobs, and Devex. Programmes like Generation Kenya and Digital Divide Data offer training or academic qualifications AND employment! Also included: newsletters with other aggregated resources, which you can subscribe to directly, such as Arterial Network (continent art opportunities & news) and MoveMeBack (all sorts of continent-wide job listings).
3) Good information on the job-getting process:
- Sound general advice on applying to jobs
- Customize your CV / resume!
- What to do if you don’t have a degree (also search for degree & training programmes, as well as job placement services)
- Tips for putting together your resume, extra useful for international org jobs
- 10 Very Specific Mistakes to Avoid in the job-seeking process, for Kenyans!
This is sample content, included with the template to illustrate its features. Remove or replace it with your own words and media.