What’s on offer?
Natural Justice will offer a competitive salary commensurate with skill and experience. Contract length will be two years, with the expectation of extension dependent upon funding and performance.
Key duties and responsibilities
• Manage organizations cash flow and update the Hub Director and CFO accordingly
• Maintain internal control system to ensure compliance with NJ policies
• Assist in development of institutional and donor proposal budgets & facilitate external audit
• Prepare payments for the service providers
• Timely submission of monthly and annual financial reports; maintenance of proper books of accounts and an up to date register of assets as per NJ policies.
• Manage payroll and tax remissions
• Ensure strict adherence and compliance to financial control systems, policies and procedures
• Monitor budget implementation and expenditures and communicate outcomes to Hub Director for decision making
• Implement compliance audits, project audits in the hub including coordination with auditors
• Ensure efficient payments and disbursements according to approved policy and procedures
• Perform bank and vendor reconciliations and forward to supervisor for decision making
• Provide support in staff salary reviews and updating salary scale structures to ensure competitive Natural Justice salaries.
• Coordinate the administration of staff medical insurance scheme which is inclusive of processing claims and re-imbursements where applicable.
• Manage Natural Justice insurance policies including undertaking research and advising on market trends.
• Supervise other staff working within the Finance and Administration Office.
• Work with the Chief Finance and Operations Officer, Kenya Director and other members of the Kenya management team to ensure smooth running of the organization.
• Supervise and in absence of Admin Officer, ensure smooth running of the office; this includes supporting project logistics for meetings, workshops and conferences.
• Participate in programme meetings and provide clarifications as may be needed from time to time.
• Complete any other duties that may be related to the organization’s overall mandate
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor of Commerce degree (BCom) and a holder of Certificates in Public Accounting CPA(K) holder
• Qualified accountant with at least five years’ experience in financial accounting
• Membership of Institute of Certified Public Accountants Kenya (ICPAK) will be an added advantage.
• Experience in multi-donor financial accounting and management
• Excellent IT skills, especially use of Excel and other accounting packages
• Proactive approach to work and good self-motivation
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to deal with people from different cultures
• Ability to deal authoritatively with a range of partners and contractors
• Ability to work flexibly and to adapt to changing demands and circumstances
• Experience in Human Resource Management would be an added advantage
Deadline: 3 May 2021
Please email your application to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
Include a motivation letter that indicates why you feel you are the best candidate for this position, a detailed CV with three references. Please ensure that your application as a whole speaks to the required skills, experience, traits and attributes listed above.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Best of luck!