- A report on the present state of the National Archives institutions across Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania.
- A tool kit/set of resources on how creatives can better utilize the existing archives for their work which can be separate or incorporated in the report.
- The researcher will conduct a one day workshop on how creatives can utilize the tools/resources developed.
Qualifications and experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the creative and cultural industries in East Africa and beyond.
- Experience designing and implementing interactive, innovative, and creative online workshops.
- Extensive knowledge on public and private archives
- Proof of similar assignments done before.
The duration of the assignment is 21 working days including the research and the workshop.
A copy of the detailed Terms of Reference can be downloaded from this link
How to apply
All applications should be sent to the address firstname.lastname@example.org by 7 May 2021 5pm with the following information:
- 1 page Cover letter detailing your experience, why you should be contracted for this assignment, and your proposed general approach to the consultancy.
- 3 page maximum CV of consultant and description of any partners or contributing institutions as appropriate.
- Not more than 1 page describing the technical proposal of how you will deliver the workshop.
- Not more than 1 page describing the financial proposal of how you will deliver the research and the 1 day online workshop.
- Examples and references of similar previous assignments delivered.
The email subject should read: ‘APPLICATION FOR ARCHIVES CONSULTANCY’
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.