Today, we’re excited to officially open applications for the Acumen and IKEA Social Entrepreneurship East Africa Accelerator.
The closed cohort 19-week accelerator supports social entrepreneurs in East Africa in developing scalable business models that strengthen their enterprise’s capacity to scale and improve the lives of the poor and vulnerable.
- Learn to scale their social enterprise business model
- Receive individualized support from IKEA coaches and Acumen facilitators
- Get to be part of a dynamic peer community of social enterprise leaders
- Get to take part in a final summit to network with investors and supporters
- Have an opportunity to be one of two teams who will be selected for $25,000 in seed funding
You are qualified to apply if you:
- Run a social enterprise (nonprofit or for-profit) based in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, or Ethiopia
- Have demonstrated market traction and are post-revenue
- Have a team equivalent to 3 full time staff
- Focus on promoting livelihoods, equality and inclusion
Applications close January 14th and will be considered in the order they are submitted.