Deadline: AUGUST 01, 2018
Visual storytellers in Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda can compete for an award.
The contest accepts published and unpublished photographs. Images must have been taken between Aug. 1, 2016 and Aug. 1, 2018.
The overall winner will receive a a Canon 80D with an EF 18-135mm lens and her or his work will be exhibited in Kampala in October. There will be prizes for the runners-up.
The deadline for submissions is Aug. 1.
For more information on how to enter, click here.
Submission Rules & Guidelines…
- The Ugandan Press Photo Award will accept published and unpublished photographs.
- The contest is restricted to citizens of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda and Ethiopia, 18 years of age or older.
- All entries must have been taken between August 1st2016 and August 1st 2018, and must be submitted by August 1st This will be confirmed via EXIF data.
- Each entrant can submit up to 2 stories. For each story a minimum of 10, and a maximum of 20 photographs should be submitted.
- Entry is free.
- The jury will select 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Prizes will be awarded for each place.
- The jury reserves the right not to award any or all prizes. All decisions by the jury will be final.
- By entering the competition the photographer confirms that they own the rights to all the images they enter into this competition, or if they are an employee of a media organization they have all necessary permissions from their organization, and grant the competition organisers permission to reproduce any submitted images for the purposes of promoting this competition, including but not limited to website, posters and catalogue.
- Winning entries will be printed and will form part of an exhibition.
- Members of Foreign Correspondents’ Association of Uganda (FCAU), the judging panel and any family members cannot enter the contest.
- FCAU, Friedrich-Ebert-Foundation (FES) and the judging panel will not enter into dialogue with entrants.
- With the submission the photographer agrees to the Terms and Conditions.
- Only photographs in digital form will be accepted. There should be no watermarks, identifying marks or names of authors written on the photographs.
- Each photograph has to be saved as highest quality jpg, at 300 dpi, minimum 3000 pixels on the longer side.
- Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization will not be accepted. Only minimal adjustments are allowed. The organizers reserve the right to ask for unedited images.
- All photographs should include a caption (short description of who, what, where, when, why. Not more than 50 words per photograph. Include when and where the photograph was first published.) in the EXIF data/metadata.
East African Photography Award: Any noteworthy subjects may be used as a theme for a story entry, but images submitted should show a clear narrative that is improved, not diluted by the inclusion of multiple images.