Getting a job is never just a matter of submitting many job applications. But job listings are still a key part of finding open positions that meet your skills and interest. It can also help you identify potential employers who are hiring right now; even if the position that is listed isn’t a good fit for you, perhaps they have others available. And some platforms offer articles, tips, and resources to help apply properly and effectively.
General job boards: Most people know about Brighter Monday, perhaps the most established website for job listings in Kenya, with a good search function and updates available by email. But now there are some newer resources and services available for jobseekers. They include DumaWorks and Kama Kazi. You can read more about them in various online pieces. Both were featured in BBC piece “Getting Africa’s jobseekers online and into employment” in May of 2015, for example.
More specific sector job boards: Other job boards are created for certain kinds of work: technology (not just techies but support staff), United Nations, nonprofits, social enterprises, etc.
Here’s a list of online platforms with general Kenyan job resources.
- Kama Kazi – job listings but full service recruitment firm, articles
- DumaWorks – job listings with special search functions, articles
- Brighter Monday job listings
- Career Point – job listings and articles
- Generation Kenya – job training programmes across Kenya
- Shortlist.net – job listings and placement
Here are some more specific by sector. (But desired skills can vary, so do look through!)
- iHub Jobs Board – job listings for techies & others who support tech companies
- Social Enterprise Jobs – job listings – global but has many jobs based in Kenya
- UN jobs – jobs with the United Nations, filter by those based in Nairobi
- Devex.com – add your profile and resume/CV so that recruiters searching can find you, listings of jobs in international development, filter by location Kenya — only jobs from Devex member organisations are visible without paid membership, but you can still see many of them & otherwise put yourself into the database, which hundreds of recruiters search daily