The Inclusive Education Scholarship Program offers awards to individuals from Kenya for an 18-month master of education degree. (Also those from China, Czech Republic, Ukraine, and other selected countries in Africa and Latin America.)
The program’s objective is to provide education advocates and professionals with a foundation in the principles, values, and practices of inclusive education so that they will be equipped to lead reform of education policy and practice in their home countries.
With the knowledge and networks gained through the program, we expect that scholars will deepen their understanding of all aspects of inclusion and play active roles in devising and implementing inclusive practices and policies.
The competition is merit-based and open to those meeting the following criteria:
- be a citizen and legal resident of Argentina, China, Czech Republic, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Peru, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Ukraine, Zambia, or Zimbabwe at the time of application
- have work experience in education with a demonstrated interest in advancing inclusive education
- have an excellent academic record with a bachelor’s degree in teaching, public administration/policy, anthropology, social work, psychology, or related field—degree must be awarded by application deadline
- have demonstrated leadership in the field of education
- be proficient in spoken and written English and able to meet university-designated minimum scores on standardized language tests
- be able to participate in an intensive academic writing program in Summer 2017
- be able to begin the graduate program in August 2017
- be able to receive and maintain visa or study permit to the United States
- demonstrate a clear commitment to return to home country to contribute to advancing inclusive education in their national contexts
The program does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, or disability. Candidates with disabilities and those from marginalized communities are particularly encouraged to apply.
For further details, see complete guidelines and submit an application online, or contact the appropriate regional coordinator below.