Heshima Kenya is a nonprofit organization based in Nairobi, Kenya dedicated to identifying, protecting refugee children and empowering unaccompanied and separated refugee children especially adolescent girls, through our specialized shelter, education and advocacy programs. The Social Worker will carry out Child protection program activities within the urban refugee program funded by UNHCR. The Social Worker will be responsible for the management, planning, assessing and implementing of the Child Protection Program activities and will report to Child Protection Officer…
- Responsible for the management, planning, assessing and implementing of all the child protection activities.
- Support in the design and implementation of program activities.
- To coordinate the daily and weekly activities and prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Conduct Best Interest Assessment and Best Interest Determination interviews and prepare reports for all identified children.
- Conduct home visits and referrals to check programs.
- Identify and initiate alternative care arrangement for vulnerable children and children at risk.
- Provide case management services to identified children and foster families.
- Identify alternative care arrangement for identified children and children at risk.
- Ensure that all protection issues are effectively handled; communicate relevant and urgent details to the Child Protection Officer.
- Work closely and collaborate with relevant program staff on a weekly basis about specific cases, progress, and follow-up for referrals.
- Oversee case management services, i.e. counseling, social support, educational and training programs, home visits, family tracing, and reunification activities and ensure follow up is conducted in a timely manner
- Maintain accurate and timely case records of activities and plans, Write detailed and highly accurate summaries and report.
- Conduct outreach with the respective refugee communities regarding Heshima Kenya’s services, foster good relationships with communities with the goal of strengthening community referral structures, care and support services within the community.
- Effectively meet all program goals and targets. Report any challenges or difficulties in meeting program goals immediately to the Child Protection Officer.
- Complete reports accurately and on time and submit to the Child Protection Officer and relevant partners as required.
- Assist in strengthening of Heshima Kenya’s referral network.
- Perform other duties as assigned in the implementation of program activities.
- Degree in Social Work, Community Development, International Relation or Humanitarian Affairs and /or Psychology.
- Over two (2) years of work/professional experience, preferably working with refugee populations and/or with refugee children.
- Extensive experience in implementing culturally appropriate social work and mental health interventions for people who have suffered trauma and torture.
- Skilled at carrying out program needs assessments and program development.
- Excellent oral and written communication and reporting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ready to work as a team.
- Able to work independently and as a team.
- Must be highly organized, creative, detail oriented and work effectively under pressure with competing priorities.
- Excellent research, data-collection, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and the internet
- Must be a Kenyan citizen,
- Must be a person of good morals, high integrity and clean criminal record.
HOW TO APPLY:
Your application should be send to the address below indication the position applied for in the email subject by close of business Wednesday 17th August 2016. It should include a cover letter & a detailed CV (as one document) with your contact details, details of current and expected remuneration and the name and contacts of three professional and work referees.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications. Heshima Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
NB. All applications should only be send through the email.
P.O Box 63192 – 00619 Nairobi Kenya
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.