Location: Nairobi, KenyaAbout Open Capital AdvisorsOpen Capital Advisors is a management consulting and financial advisory firm that drives growth, enables investment, and builds markets across Africa. We help businesses, investors, development partners, and the public sector identify opportunities and deliver unique, impactful solutions. By offering deep, operationally-focused management support and creative financial structuring, we help open markets and support sustainable businesses to transform industries.
Since we founded Open Capital in 2010, we have completed more than 160 engagements across industries spanning 12 countries in across Africa. We have helped our clients raise more than $60M and achieve sustainable growth and social impact. Our East Africa-based team of 42 offers experience from the world’s top consultancies, private equity firms, investment banks, and development organizations including The Boston Consulting Group, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, IFC, McKinsey, and The World Bank. We currently have offices in Nairobi, Kenya and Kampala, Uganda.
We continue to expand rapidly and are looking for exceptional staff to join our senior team in a 12-month minimum career-track role based in Nairobi. During this year, you will work closely with senior management to lead multiple client projects while managing & mentoring our junior team.
The Project Leader role
As a Project Leader you will support multiple live projects simultaneously across a range of high-growth industries and client types. Project Leaders work closely with our clients to develop business & industry strategies, structure capital raises, and address difficult operational challenges. Our work does not end with recommendations; in most projects, Open Capital teams oversee execution and implementation, working with all levels of client staff…
Desired skills and experienceWe are looking for exceptional leaders and executers who share our motivation and drive. Project Leaders should be able to assume high levels of responsibility, perform excellent work, contribute fresh ideas, and take pleasure in the work we do. Our team is energetic and driven and we are quick to reward performance and initiative. We are open to Project Leaders with a variety of backgrounds but top candidates will typically have the following:
- Several years of experience at a top global consulting firm, investment firm, bank, law firm, or experience as an entrepreneur or leader in a high-growth business, with significant responsibility for deliverables and client service;
- Strong communication skills and analytical abilities and insightful, structured way of presenting information;
- Ability to effectively work with clients at all levels and backgrounds;
- Interest in guiding teams and mentoring our analysts & junior team members;
- Desire to work and live in Nairobi or Kampala for at least 12 months and broader interest in the region;
- Demonstrated experience and interest working in emerging markets;
- Multiple languages and previous Africa experience useful but not required.
Project Leaders receive a competitive package among similar frontier market firms. This will include a monthly salary, two international round-trip flights, health insurance, a local work permit, and a housing allowance for the first month in Kenya.
If you are interested please submit a resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, including you preferred start timing. We are recruiting for start dates in early 2017 on a rolling basis.
OPEN CAPITAL ADVISORS
2nd Floor, Lenana Towers Lenana Road, Nairobi Kenya