SEED’s TRANSFORMATION PROGRAM IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR MAY 2016!
Interested in applying? Use the “Apply Now” button below!
Stanford Seed Transformation Program (STP) East Africa
The Stanford Institute for Innovation in Developing Economies (Seed) seeks innovative and growth-oriented leaders of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) based in East Africa.
Seed’s highly interactive six-month Transformation Program challenges SME leaders to assess their vision, redefine their strategies, and make ambitious changes toward exponential growth.
Led by prominent Stanford University faculty and industry experts, the program is designed to expose SME leaders to:
- Core business skills such as accounting, finance, marketing, operations, corporate governance, organizational design, strategy, and more
- Applied skills such as negotiation, teamwork, leadership, and pitching
- Approaches to product design and prototyping
- Prominent executives and corporate, venture, and angel investors who participate as guest speakers, expert panelists, and business mentors
Additional program benefits include:
- Local and regional peer networks—designed to enrich the educational experience and build relationships across borders and industries
- Eligibility to apply for a Stanford Seed coach upon completion of the program
Applicants must demonstrate commitment and potential to grow and scale their companies, thereby creating jobs, products, or services that benefit those living in poverty.
- Applicants must be founders/senior leaders of for-profit companies.
- Applicants must lead organizations with an annual revenue range between USD 150,000 and USD 15 million.
- Applicant’s company must be headquartered, legally registered, and currently operating within East Africa.
- Applicant must have English language proficiency.
- Previously, SME leaders working in the following sectors have participated: agriculture/food processing, construction, civil engineering, real estate, education, energy, financial services, healthcare, information and communications technologies (ICT), retail/product manufacturing, transportation/logistics, and water and sanitation. Other sectors can qualify for admittance.
The Program fee for the May 2016 cohort will be USD 1,500.
The application deadline is January 15, 2016, midnight East Africa Time (EAT). Please review all details carefully before applying.
Interested in applying?
Start your application by using the red button below!