During the Nairobi Innovation Week, the Chancellor of the University of Nairobi launched Africa Technology & Innovation Accelerator (AfTIA), a program that will enable C4DLab, the innovation lab of the University to incubate and accelerate startups and facilitate commercialization of innovations.
Though C4DLab has been incubating startups for a while now, we officially invite the first cohort of startups to submit their applications under the umbrella of AfTIA. Applicants with prototypes in any of the following domains are welcome to submit for consideration…
- Technology in Finance (FinTech)
- Technology in Agriculture (AgriTech)
- Technology in Education (EdTech)
- Technology in Governance (GovTech)
- Technology in Health (HealthTech)
The criteria for consideration and admission:
- Innovation by all staff and students of the University of Nairobi as well as external applicants, are eligible.
- The applicant must have registered their innovation with relevant regulatory agencies.
- The innovation must not be incubated in another incubator at the same time.
- The applicant must provide proof of ownership of the innovation.
- Innovation must be original and authentic.
- Innovation must have a demonstrated potential for commercialization.
- Innovation must be relevant to Kenya’s development agenda.
Acceleration services offered:
- Seed funding of up to USD 5,000 per startup
- Specialized startup development training
- Mentorship from industry and academic experienced partners
- Personalized coaching on business development
- Links to potential sponsors, partners and customers
How to apply?
Click here to see the flyer.
Deadline for the applications is 30th September, 2015.
For Inquiries write to Dr. Tonny K. Omwansa at firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter @tomwansa