Terms of Reference: Youth Innovation Hub, Project Coordinator
Based in Nandi Hills, Eldoret.
The person needs to prove they are part of or are running a youth group.
To apply for this role in your cover letter respond to this question in 200 words or less: How can youth be involved in farming without them being necessarily farmers? And attach your CV in English to info at producersfoundation.org by 7 September 2015.
The Cafédirect Producers’ Foundation (CPF) is a UK registered organization, established in
2009 to support smallholder tea, coffee and cocoa producer organisations in Latin America,
Africa and Asia, with the primary focus of creating opportunities for smallholders to share, build
upon and strengthen their knowledge and expertise. SireetOEP is one of the Africa producers
partners that CPF has worked very closely with since 2009 on various pioneering sustainable
programmes for their farmers.
The Youth Innovation Hub is a new project in partnership with SireetOEP that aims to support
the young people in farming communities and we are looking for 2 young visionary and
ambitious youth to lead the project activities.
Full details below…
Job title: Project Coordinator
Reporting to: The CPF Africa Programme Manager in Nairobi, Kenya
Location: Nandi Hills, Kenya
Salary: 30,000 KES per month (Gross)
contract: 6 months Fulltime contract
Start Date for
Position: September 2015
Lead the overall project implementation activities establishing and maintaining contacts and
excellent relationships with youth groups towards the development of a youth Innovation hub
with a diverse network of young people, innovation knowledge and expertise.
Key Tasks May Include:
● Development of an Activity plan demonstrating the workplan for the 6 months duration
● Establish and contact Youth groups and stakeholders/partners in East Africa
● Perform an Innovation baseline exercise to establish youth innovation activities using an
online based tool
● Design and document all youth Innovation activities in banners, videos and pictures
● Planning for a Youth Innovation Marketplace event coordinating and facilitating the event
● Write and present a mid and final project report
● Support the development and design on the Youth Innovation hub.
● Participate in a weekly phone/Skype meeting with CPF staff
● Diploma in (Business, Community Development, Environment, Economics, Social
Science, Technology, Project Management etc)
● A youth leader or member of an active youth group
● Knowledge of Youth enterprises and innovative practices
● Familiarity with smallholder farming communities and agriculture knowledge
● Experience with online monitoring and evaluation tools
● Experience using the internet – social media; Facebook, Twitter
● Photography and video editing experience
● Excellent IT skills particularly Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Skype and Gmail
● Excellent English and Kiswahili language communication skills, written and oral
● Ability to be a selfstarter and work independently
● Strong planning and organization skills, including the ability to organize workshops and meetings.