Careers at GeoPoll
Research Assistant, Nairobi, Kenya
We are growing our amazing team of researchers in Nairobi. Graduate in top of class from a top school with a technical degree? Experience working at a major technology or research company? Master at working with data using tools like Microsoft Excel? Apply to join our fast-growing team partnering with the world’s top companies and organizations.
GeoPoll is looking to hire a number of Research Assistants in Nairobi Kenya who will be responsible for
assisting on day-to-day activities of client projects and assisting to establish a framework of best practices
for GeoPoll and its client base. A strong sense of commitment to GeoPoll’s mission is a must.
This position will work in Nairobi, Kenya. This position will report to the Research Team Director in D.C. The
Research Assistant is expected to work virtually with the Operations team and the Research team in GeoPoll’s Washington DC and Denver Colorado offices as well. Relocation is not available for this role…
- Enhance data collection services including survey design, sample management, survey
implementation, case study development, and reporting.
- Coordinate on projects with diverse partners and clients for survey design and research.
- Develop a research strategy for leveraging the GeoPoll platform to improve both understanding of
population behavior, needs, and vulnerabilities as well as capacity to monitor and evaluate the
impacts of client projects, policies and programs;
- Perform case studies with existing data sets and mobile surveys to explore a new methodology of
research and modular analysis;
- Assist in strategically thinking about mobile surveys, uses of data, and information design;
Implement any software required for accessing and handling data appropriately;
- Visualize and report data findings creatively in a variety of formats.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Graduation in top of class at top schools with technical degree
- Experience in major research or technology companies or organizations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Excel and/or other statistical software like R, SPSS, and Stata.
Helpful if experience with survey design, analysis, and reporting.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Extremely self-motivated and highly organized.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Enjoys a fun, dynamic and challenging work environment within a start-up culture.
- Open to collaborate and work with people of different nationalities and competency levels.
- Fluent written and oral English required. French, Spanish, Arabic, or other languages are an asset.
Compensation and Benefits
Paid three month trial contract role followed by evaluation for full role.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV (resume) to email@example.com.