Job Description: Project Manager
Hivisasa Academy Project: To create a capacity-building online academy to improve journalisms & communication skills in Kenya. Courses will include, for example, “writing for the media”, “interview skills”, and “multimedia journalism”.
The academy is open to all; from non-professional ‘citizen reporters’ to aspiring professionals. It is targeting Kenyans living outside of the biggest city Nairobi, with a mobile first strategy.
The academy is a sister activity of local newspaper Hivisasa.com (www.hivisasa.com/about).
Monthly compensation: $ 2,500 gross, negotiable
Type: Full time (flexible times but long working hours, part of Saturday included) Period: Starts immediately (4 months contract, renewable)
Location: Lavington, Nairobi
– Lead team of 5 to build the online academy from the ground up
– Source from experts/consultants educational material to create 10 courses in journalism/media/communication
– Recruit tech team, educational consultants, coordinator, intern
– Create a 4-months plan, and liaise regularly with Hivisasa.com directors and Editor in Chief for direction, content, marketing the academy, and general support – Compile monthly accounting and descriptive reports for donor
– Proven experience and/or academic background in education
– Proven managerial experience
– Proven experience recruiting & leading teams in Kenya (or East Africa)
– Proven experience managing online projects
– Excellent understanding of online media and journalism
Note: The Academy can subsidise half of the costs of a provisional work permit ("Special Pass” valued at $200/month for 6 months, renewable.)
￼Email CV & Cover Letter to chloe at hivisasa.com (subject: Project Manager)