What types of innovators are the right fit for this network?
Innovations in Healthcare selects organizations to join the network based on the criteria listed below:
1. Innovative Approach: Address critical health needs and provide significant improvements in cost, quality and/or access to health services.
2. Readiness to Scale: Past the pilot stage and poised and prepared to expand. (Already have paying customers.)
3. Sustainability: Organizations that have financially sustainable business models or a serious commitment to becoming sustainable. (Can be nonprofit or for-profit.)
What is Innovations in Healthcare?
Innovations in Healthcare is a nonprofit organization hosted by Duke University and founded in 2011 by Duke Medicine, McKinsey & Company, and the World Economic Forum (formerly IPIHD). We aim to improve healthcare worldwide by supporting the scale and impact of promising innovations. We receive support from and collaborate with a global and diverse group of organizations, including corporations and foundations committed to strengthening the scale of healthcare innovations. At the heart of our work is a network of 50+ innovative enterprises working to expand global access to affordable, quality healthcare. Each year, we identify entrepreneurs with new and promising models of care to join our network. Network innovators include leading organizations such as Vaatsalya, Narayana Health, Penda, Forus, Ayzh, Dr. Consulta, Medica Santa Carmen and more.
What kinds of support do Innovations in Healthcare innovators receive?
We provide our innovators with a range of benefits and services:
- Connections to potential strategic partners and funders: We help create strategic business collaborations leveraging our unique network of corporations, funders, peers, academics, and others actively working in healthcare innovation.
- Access to business support and learning forums: We provide access to a variety of resources designed to support scaling and replication efforts. Innovators can tap into our student internship program to receive both short and long term project support. They can participate in IPIHD-coordinated workshops and working groups focused on specific topics. They can also receive customized support to inform their strategic planning, fundraising, and evaluation efforts.
- Promotion opportunities at global events and in the media: Innovators can showcase their work through engagement with our global consortium of event and media partners. Innovators are highlighted on our website, profiled at major conferences and showcased through research reports and case studies that are broadly disseminated.
How can I nominate or refer an organization?
Nominate your organization or refer by completing this short form by August 14th: http://innovationsinhealthcare.org/apply-to-be-an-innovator
What should innovators expect from here?
Innovations in Healthcare has a two tiered selection process:
- June 19-August 14th, Nomination Period: Interested innovators can self-nominate through the short online form. Finalist candidates will be notified by Sept. 1st.
- Sept 1-Nov. 15th, Application Period: Finalist candidates submit more detailed applications. An external review committee helps to assess finalist group. New cohort members announced mid-December.
Please contact Sylvia Sable at email@example.com if you have any questions or are interested in learning more.