Lots of free online classes are available via Acumen, some with certificates for successful completion. Here’s one in particular I thought some of you, or people you know, could find useful.
Introduction to Social Entrepreneurship (101)
Click to read more, watch a video about it, sig up:
The course will begin on July 7th…
- The course is designed to take 4 weeks but you can work through it at your own pace. The course materials will remain available until August 11th. Each week of the course you will have approximately 1 hour of independent work and approximately 1 hour of work designed to be completed with a team.
- Your can either take this in a team or on your own. We recommend recruiting a group of 3-5 people to take this course with you if possible!
Ever dream of changing the world or making a difference? You are invited to roll up your sleeves and join a group of entrepreneurs on a journey to change lives by changing systems. In this 4 week course from +Acumen, you’ll learn to apply entrepreneurial skills to social problems and design lasting solutions. Built from Acumen’s years of experience investing in social entrepreneurs, this course will also featuring firsthand stories and advice from 4 inspiring founders: Charles Best of DonorsChoose.org, Thulsiraj Ravilla of Aravind Eyecare, Leila Janah of Sama Group, and JB Schramm of College Summit.
Designed for anyone approaching social entrepreneurship for the first time, this interactive learning experience will give you an overview of the sector. It will help you explore pathways for initial engagement with social enterprises and uncover your relevant passions and skills.
By the end of this course, you’ll have found a concrete way to contribute to a social enterprise OR you’ll be engaged in early stage ideation for your own venture. Specifically, you’ll begin to identify a problem you care about, understand the considerations needed for impact and financial sustainability, and learn about how various social entrepreneurs have thought about scale. Sign up to get started!
Key Learning Outcomes:
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the concept of social entrepreneurship and be inspired to find new ways to tackle the world’s greatest challenges
- Appreciate that social entrepreneurship is a mindset to tackle problems across different sectors (public, private, non-profit)
- Discover a pathway for how you can make change whether this is founding an enterprise, serving on a board, or supporting social entrepreneurs in other creative ways
Please visit our +Acumen Page for more information. We invite participants to form groups to work together on this course. If you’d like to form a group with others, please send this link to your friends or colleagues to ask them to sign up!
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This Course Is For You If:
- You want to figure out ways to get involved in social entrepreneurship
- You’re looking for ideas to add more meaning to your life and career
- You have a burning desire to do good in ways that are smart and effective
- You’re eager to lend your skills and talents to solve a social problems
Approximately 2 hours/week
You will need a computer that allows you to watch the video lectures and provides the ability to upload all your assignments.
Statement of Accomplishment:
Subject to course completion (completion of all assignments), you will receive a statement of accomplishment signed by +Acumen.