Living Goods is searching for an outstanding leader to join our team as Director of Marketing and Sales. If you are this person or know this person please pass the message on. Details below… full job description here -> Director of Marketing and Sales
Director of Sales and Marketing
Do you want your work to matter? Do you have serious business skills and want to use them to make a difference? Are you just looking for a change, or are you looking for the chance to change millions of lives for the better, including yours? If the answer is yes, read on.
Living Goods empowers micro-entrepreneurs to deliver life-changing products to the doorsteps of the poor…
We transform the health and livelihoods of those in most need. We are a pioneering, dynamic and highly impactful social enterprise and are entering a period of exciting expansion. To help achieve our vision of dramatically and sustainably improving the lives of the poor, Living Goods is seeking a Director of Sales and Marketing to create a profitable and highly impactful distribution system across Kenya.
As the Kenya Director of Sales and Marketing you will lead and expand our sales, marketing, recruitment and training teams and rapidly building upon the early success we have had in Kenya. You will be a key member of Living Goods’ strategic global management team and will also contribute to the success of our established operations in Uganda. This position is based in Nairobi, with significant travel.
· Lead Living Goods’ Sales and Operations across Kenya.
· Build upon existing early-stage operations to create a profitable and highly impactful national distribution system.
· Achieve ambitious targets for sales, margin, recruitment and social impact.
· Recruit, develop, incentivize and oversee a network of independent direct sales entrepreneurs.
· Lead marketing of Living Goods products and the Living Goods business opportunity for individual and group entrepreneurs.
· Collaborate closely with the Living Goods Technology group to use mobile apps to drive sales and recruitment, increase and monitor impact, and reduce expenses.
· Collaborate closely with the Living Goods Product Development group to offer customers a highly compelling and impactful product range.
· Develop a powerful customer and agent financing system.
· Launch and oversee new branch outlets across the country.
· Share expertise and experience with Living Goods’ Uganda operations and Strategic Partnerships division.
· Shape organizational strategy as a core member of the Living Goods global team.
· Travel: This position is based in Nairobi with considerable travel time within Kenya and also to Uganda. The successful candidate should expect to travel 30-50% of the month.
· Minimum of 8 years’ experience in direct sales, multi-level marketing or sales and sales force management, preferably in consumer packaged and low-cost durable goods. Proven track record of driving sales success.
· Private sector experience in East African markets is essential, ideally with direct sales, multi-level marketing or FMCG companies.
· Proven success in executing a marketing strategy to increase sales volumes.
· Significant experience in customer financing and the mobile technology is a big plus.
· Successful track record of driving geographically scaled, multi-unit operations.
· Experience recruiting, managing and motivating large teams.
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
A highly competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
What is Living Goods?
Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cookstoves, and solar lights. Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in the developing world, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most. By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health, and wealth, of the poor.
Living Goods has been featured in The New York Times, NBC News, The Economist, and The Huffington Post. Check out these articles and more on our press page.
Life at Living Goods
Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of the poor. We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day. If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, you will thrive at Living Goods. See www.livinggoods.org/principles.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please visit our career page and apply for ‘Director of Sales and Marketing’ through our applicant tracking system. In lieu of a cover letter you will be asked to answer a few short questions that will help us learn a little bit more about you and your interest in working with Living Goods.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit: www.livinggoods.org follow us @Living_Goods