Hot Sun Foundation is seeking a Programme Manager… to apply for job and for more details see below…
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROGRAM MANAGER
Background of Hot Sun Foundation
Hot Sun Foundation is a charitable trust, registered in Nairobi, Kenya in 2007 whose vision is ‘social transformation through Art and Media. The main purpose of Hot Sun Foundation (HSFd) is to work with youth from marginalised backgrounds to tell their stories on short films with social impact.
Goals of Hot Sun Foundation
• Production by youth of quality short films (drama, documentaries) with social impact: for an organization, an individual, a cause, an issue
• Short films with social impact sold and broadcast on local, regional and international media
• Quality training focused on production of short films with social impact
• Distribution and sale of short films locally, regionally, internationally
• Financial stability based on sale of short films, fees for training.
• Network of creatives and supporters, local, regional and international, including network of mentors and Advisory Board
• Development plan and network of supporters for the organization including development of support for HSFD to have its own facilities.
Hot Sun Foundation requires a dynamic, experienced professional manager, preferably with an arts, media or film background to focus on the institutional development and financial stability of the organisation, as well as, the efficient day to day management of staff, volunteers and interns.
Job Title: Program Manager
Reporting to: Hot Sun Foundation Board of Directors
Supervising: Hot Sun Foundation Staff & Programs
Cooperating with: Partners and Other organizations in community
• Provide overall visionary leadership, inspire commitment to mission and ideals, and nurture a culture of excellence within HSFd
• Overall responsibility for daily management of all staff to ensure the team is efficient and effective, respects rules and regulation and becomes a high performing team able to deliver superior value to its stakeholders.
• Liaise with the HSFd Board of Directors to ensure good communication with the Board and maintain their engagement with HSFd mission and activities; in particular provide monthly and quarterly updates to the Board of Directors with quantifiable results.
• Lead programme development and management of all current and future HSFd programmes, working with the Board of Directors to implement the HSFd strategic plan and business plans.
• Direct financial planning and management including budgeting, grant and contract management, reporting and audits.
• Collaborate and build solid working relationships with current and potential donors; government, public and private sector stakeholders.
• Lead resource mobilisation efforts with impeccable standards of suitability, efficiency and effectiveness, focusing on financial sustainability and stability including sale of TV magazine programme, sale of short films, marketing of training and workshops and creating a network of HSFd supporters.
• Develop and implement a solid planning, monitoring and evaluation framework to support HSFd in planning, monitoring , evaluating, documenting and sharing the development, impact and lessons learned from HSFd operations both locally and internationally; in particular to include Production of annual plan and budgets, action plans, staff review meetings related to specific results/deadlines and update to the board of Directors.
• Develop a community network among the East African filmmakers and creatives, as well as build beneficial networks with like minded organizations within the region and globally.
Qualifications and experience
• A minimum of a Bachelors degree or equivalent in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Business Management or related fields. (Masters degree will be an added advantage)
• Minimum 3 years experience in programme development, management and fundraising with national, regional and international development agencies.
• Proven track record in resource mobilisation and financial management.
• Experienced in developing networks with government, private sector, donors and development community in Kenya and globally
• Experienced in using social networking to develop organisational support
• Background in filmmaking, media or the arts desirable but not required
• Eligible to work in Kenya.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and negotiation skills
• Commitment to social transformation
• Integrity and solid judgment with critical and strategic thinking
• Tactful and diplomatic with Board of Directors
• Ability to inspire and build teamwork
• Passion and enthusiasm for credibility, integrity and professionalism
• Motivated self-starter
How to Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their CV (not exceeding 3 pages), including contact details of three professional references, a covering letter explaining why they are best suited for the position and expected salary by 6th January, 2014 to email@example.com