VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT – Deadline 6 December
Kituo Cha Sheria (KITUO) is a Non Governmental Organization (NGO) whose mission is to empower the poor and marginalized people to effectively access justice and realize their human and people’s rights through advocacy, networking, lobbying, legal aid and education, legal representation and research. KITUO seeks to recruit, in the Advocacy, Governance and Community Partnerships (AGCP) programme; a dynamic, self driven and result oriented person.
Reporting to the Coordinator Advocacy, Governance and Community Partnerships (AGCP) programme, he/she will carry out the following:
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct community sensitisation campaigns.
- Conduct research that enables KITUO to build evidence base that informs community-based mediation and non-violent communication strategies.
- Legal awareness and education to allow less-heeded groups exercise their civic rights and improve their livelihood.
- Responsible for advising and sensitising communities on building capacities to use mediation to resolve conflicts.
- Helping vulnerable communities to develop capacity to self advocate and lobby for legal protection.
- Programme work and report writing.
- Conduct regular fundraising for program sustainability.
- Transformation of violent conflicts in the context of social inequality through methods of civil conflict management.
- Empowering communities in taking initiative in a conflict-sensitive and target group-oriented manner.
- Conduct trainings that enable stakeholders handle conflicts that relate to social inequality without the use of violence, thus promoting social cohesion at community level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences such as Anthropology, Economics, Education, Law, Political Science, Public Administration and Sociology or equivalent qualifications with relevant training in human rights.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and Kiswahili are mandatory.
- Good working knowledge of modern information, communication and technology systems.
- Knowledge in advocacy and Fundraising experience is an added advantage
Skills: Must be proactive team player with strong communication, interpersonal and influential skills; able to demonstrate success and impact.
How to Apply: Interested candidates who meet the requirements should send their applications indicating the job reference number above. Applications should include: Cover Letter, Detailed CV, three referees one of which must be current or most recent employer, Copies of testimonials, email and day telephone contact, and an indication of present and expected remuneration.
Address the application to: THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, KITUO CHA SHERIA-LEGAL ADVICE CENTRE, P.O. Box 7483-00300, Ronald Ngala, Nairobi
The application must reach us on or before 6th December 2019.